Volunteering time and skills at Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum will enhance your museum experience while providing a unique opportunity to give your time and talents to a living history site. Volunteers receive appropriate job training, guest passes, discounts to the Museum Store and, of course, well-deserved recognition!
For a pdf copy of our volunteer questionnaire, please click this link: Volunteer Questionnaire
Return the questionnaire to:
Landis Valley Museum
2451 Kissel Hill Rd.
Lancaster, PA 17601
Questions? Call 717-569-0401 ext. 254 or contact Michael Emery, volunteer coordinator.
You can help our historic site by working as a volunteer in the following positions:
- Museum Guide - Learn about the history of the Landis Valley Museum and Pennsylvania German culture and interpret our story for visitors.
- Landis Valley Museum Store - Provide visitors with courteous assistance in our exceptional museum store, operate the cash register, and price merchandise.
- Heirloom Seed Project - Work in our historic gardens as well as sort and package seeds for our well-known seed preservation project.
- Office Support - Perform light office duties such as answering phones, doing data entry, mailing press releases, or other work as needed for special events.
- Farm Program - Assist with and care for a variety of historic breeds of farm animals, their pastures, fences, and help to maintain farm equipment.
- Curatorial Assistant - Work with museum collections, catalog items, arrange collections in storage, and perform data entry.
- Special Events - Enjoy the excitement on the grounds during our numerous special events throughout the year. Ticket sellers, security, maintenance, and food sales are just a few of the many positions available.
- Other Positions - Everyone has something to offer Landis Valley Museum! Your special talent or interest may be a great fit with the Museum
Please note that all positions mentioned are not always available.
Current Volunteer Needs
- Gardener - Herloom Seed Project - Help Garden in the seed gardens
Requires: Once a week
- Farmer Helper - Person needed to do any of the following: help feed livestock, maintain fencing, rebuild gates, rough carpentry, prune fruit trees, etc.
Requires: Once a week to twice a month, more or less seasonally
- Museum Store Salesperson - Help staff our museum store. You'll stock sales items, interact with customers, ring up sales, and work as a team.
Requires: Once a week, any day but Wednesday.
For more information, contact Michael Emery, Volunteer Coordinator